The Access to Justice Foundation (ATJF) works to improve access to justice for the most vulnerable in society. We are a fundraising and funding organisation for the access to justice and pro bono sector. We fundraise through unclaimed client accounts donations from law firms; pro bono costs; and fundraising events in England, Wales, and Scotland.
Following the Covid-19 pandemic, the Foundation in collaboration with five other social welfare funders established the Community Justice Fund, supported by the Ministry of Justice and the National Lottery, to provide vital funding to organisations providing specialist legal advice. The Fund provided £11,640,851 distributed to 177 organisations in 2020. Ensuring that these essential services were able to stay open and continue to support the most vulnerable of our society.
The successful candidate will be as committed to improving access to justice as our members. With previous experience in this area, you have excellent drafting and editing skills. You are a proactive individual who works well as part of a small team but can also work independently. We are looking for a commitment of 1-2 days per week for a minimum of 3 months from June through to August.
The role will be based remotely. With a focus on the following tasks:
- Research potential funding prospects
- Support the running of virtual events
- Support on general administration for the Fundraising team
Person Specification –
- Strong written communication skills – ability to communicate complex messages in an accessible way
- Demonstrable interest in and knowledge of access to justice issues
- Experience in editing, in a voluntary or paid capacity
- The ideal candidate will have experience with databases such as Salesforce
- Proficient in Microsoft packages and Outlook, preferably experience with design programmes such as Canva and InDesign
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise competing demands and time pressured work successfully.
- Ability to maintain a high standard of accurate work in a fast paced and flexible work environment
What we offer you –
- Insight into the access to justice sector
- Dedicated support from your line manager, including exploration of areas for professional development
- Opportunity to attend events and represent the charity virtually
- Credit on your work published in the Foundation Newsletter
Remote working requirements –
This role will require you to have access to a laptop or computer in a safe working environment, as well as a stable connection to the internet.
You will be remotely connected to your line manager and the Access to Justice Foundation as a whole.
The deadline for applications is 27th May 2021. To start your application, click here.